Thursday, February 23, 2012

How can I erase all the auto-complete information on my computer?

Some of the information is wrong. Some is outdated. I need to delete all of it and start over. I just do not know how to do that.How can I erase all the auto-complete information on my computer?Go to tools then internet options. Under Content tab there is an autocomplete settings.



Clear it and uncheck everything. You might also want to clear your history, cache, and cookies.How can I erase all the auto-complete information on my computer?鈼?To disable all AutoComplete settings:



1. From Internet Explorer, choose "Tools" then "Internet Options".

2. From the "Internet Options" multi-tabbed dialog box that appears, select the "Content" tab.

3. Click the "AutoComplete" button.

4. Uncheck everything.

5. Click the "Clear Forms" button.

6. Click the "Clear Passwords" button.

7. Press "OK" to close the dialog boxes.



鈼?AutoComplete may not stay off completely because some webmasters have autocomplete="on" in the form tag in their web forms. If you come to one of these and you can't get the AutoComplete to leave you alone while you type something in to the form. Simply paste the text in from a wordprocessor or notepad and it won't bother you.How can I erase all the auto-complete information on my computer?If you're using Firefox, click Tools, Clear Private Data, tick all the boxes and click OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment