Thursday, February 23, 2012

How can I get information from a computer that doesn't even load to the desktop?

A while ago, my PC sorta quit working. When I start up the computer, it doesn't even go the the desktop. I have lots of information on that computer, well mostly music, that I wanna still hold on to.



I have a new computer now, a Mac. And I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way I could get all the information and music from my old computer to put on my new one?How can I get information from a computer that doesn't even load to the desktop?assuming the hard disk is ok in your old computer you can remove it and either connect it to another computer where you will be able to access the information on it or you can remove it and fit it into a caddy which will allow you to connect it to your new computer via a usb cable and use it as an external hard drive.

you should be able to buy a caddy at any good computer shop they cost around 拢20 http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=hard+鈥?/a>How can I get information from a computer that doesn't even load to the desktop?
the easiest way to make sure the problem is not a virus is to go to safe mode and use ms config to free up some computing speed. here's some instructions and a link to more detailed instructions below:

1st turn on your computer that isn't working

2 it could be a diff button but push F8 every 2 sec. to make sure it goes to the list of options you need

3 you'll have about 25 sec to read the list and select boot up in safe mode (this by passes several things that could be stopping it from booting correctly)

4 if it does boot to safe mode click the start button and select Run

5 type msconfig (Be careful this could mess up you computer if you push something wrong)

6 there will be tabs on the program that comes up on the first tab select selective start up then go to each tab and find the box that says hide microsoft then select disable all and hit apply that will speed up you computer and possibly disable the problem



transfer what you have to a flash drive or external hard driveHow can I get information from a computer that doesn't even load to the desktop?You baught a mac? Fail. Good luck putting your hard drive into a mac, it won't be able to read the data because of a different formatting style. You are going to have to get another PC to put the hard drive in as a slave drive, boot up, and burn the music onto a cd.How can I get information from a computer that doesn't even load to the desktop?
Pull the hard drive out of your PC and put it into an external drive enclosure (like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817816003). Hook it up to your Mac, and you can copy files over via drag and drop.How can I get information from a computer that doesn't even load to the desktop?Use a linux livecd. And then mount the harddisk to see. If it loads transfer files using a pendrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment