Thursday, February 23, 2012

What math word problem can I make using information about the 2008 election?

Obama has aired over 50,000 more ads then McCain. How can I turn that information into a Multi-Step math word problem? Please help this is a major grade and I'd truly appreciate it if someone helps me. Thanks.What math word problem can I make using information about the 2008 election?obama has aired 50,000 more ads than mccain over 3 months (change it to whatever it really is to make it factual). if obama continues airing ads at the same rate for only 2 months (something less than before), how many ads would he air?



if you know how many ads mccain has aired, then you could add "how many ads would mccain air in that time?" and "how many more ads did obama produce in total than mccain?"



you solve part of it by using proportions (ratios)

like

20,000/3 = n/2

[ads/months]
  • yamaha outboards
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment